Maintain System Performance
Cutter and granulator performance is a key element in overall system performance. In order to keep your trim and matrix removal systems working efficiently, and to extend the life of your blades, the knives must be sharpened and the cutter/granulator parts must be serviced on a regular basis.
When you send your PAC cutter or granulator to us for maintenance, we perform a meticulous 8-step inspection. PAC technicians, backed by our engineering staff, have the expertise to diagnose wear issues. Only certified parts and coatings are used to return your equipment to its original cutting tolerance and performance specifications. You will be notified of any necessary parts replacement and additional costs before we proceed.
Please follow packing and shipping instructions below, and be sure to include your contact information (company name, address, phone number) with your cutter.
Knowing that your company’s time is money, Precision AirConvey has made cutter/granulator maintenance incredibly convenient.
- Remove and retain motor. (This step is not required, but it will save you money on shipping costs.)
- Place covers on the inlet and outlet of the cutting chamber as supplied with the cutter.
- Use original carton and plywood base for packaging. If original packaging is not available, bolt the 4 isolators to a plywood base or crate.
- Packaging must be securely attached to a pallet or crate for freight shipments. Bolts through the plywood are recommended.
- Be sure to include your contact information (company name, email address, physical address, phone number) with your cutter - a business card will suffice.
- Please note, we do not use an RMA system.
Model 78 cutters can be shipped via UPS or FedEx.
Model 811 cutters must be shipped via freight carrier due to weight restrictions.
Shipping Address (This is different from our Corporate Address)
Precision AirConvey Cutter Shop
41 Industrial Road
Phillipsburg, NJ 08865
Cutting Edge Program Benefits at a Glance
|With Cutting Edge Service Program||Without Cutting Edge Service Program|
|15% discount on resharpening service and 1 spare cutter||Full price on parts and labor|
|Priority service: 3 days||Standard service: up to 3 weeks|
Save 15% with PAC’s Cutting Edge Service Program
Will you be proactive and avoid problems by planning for it now? Or will you wait until problems arise and you are forced to react?
Your PAC cutter or granulator is a key component in the overall performance of your PAC trim or matrix removal system. The knives will wear down over time and need sharpening. The time to sharpen them is before they start causing problems on your production line.
PAC makes cutter and granulator maintenance easy with the Cutting Edge Service Program. Customers who enroll in this program are guaranteed priority service and a 15% discount.
Enrollment and membership is absolutely free.
How PAC’s Cutting Edge Service Program Works
- Enrollment and membership is free. To enroll, send us an email at email@example.com.
- Once enrolled, you continue to enjoy priority service and a 15% discount on resharpening and maintenance.
- We provide easy shipping instructions. You ship your cutter or granulator unit to us. If you need a second cutter or granulator unit to keep your production line running without interruption, you can purchase that cutter at a 15% discount.
- PAC-certified technicians at our New Jersey manufacturing facility perform a meticulous 8-point inspection and complete maintenance service:
- Inspect your cutter or granulator unit to identify any wear or damage issues that could affect performance or future maintenance costs. We will notify you if any parts require replacement and what the cost will be. We use only PAC-certified parts and coatings.
- Inspect rotor end disc clearance
- Inspect bearing pre-load
- Inspect hood fit and clearance
- Surface-grind rotor and bed knives
- Spin-grind rotor knives to achieve minimum clearance for the unit specifications and the material you are cutting
- Re-set knife clearance to original factory standards for your cutter model and knife type
- Final inspection and documentation, including cut and score samples
- We ship your cutter or granulator back to you.