Prepares clear, complete and accurate working plans and detail drawings from rough or detailed sketches or notes by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Makes final drawing of proposed sketches, checking dimension of parts, materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to whole structure or project.
- Utilizes knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, materials, and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Makes any adjustments or changes to drawings as necessary or directed.
- Reviews rough sketches, drawings, specifications, and other engineering data received from Project Engineer.
- Follows established PAC drafting standards and document control procedures.
- Develops charts/diagrams for representation of data in a clear and concise manner.
- Draws finished designs from sketches.
- Uses 2D and 3D computer aided drafting (CAD) equipment and software.
- Prepares or directs preparation of product or system layout and detailed drawings and schematics.
- Confers with engineering personnel and prepares product design modifications as required or directed.
- Develop drawings for product operating and instruction manuals.
- Travel to customer facility to document system design parameters and complete system drawings.
- Confers with engineering personnel to clarify or resolve problems and develop designs.
- Prepares estimates of drafting times.
- Assists engineers in compiling and analyzing operational, test, and research data to establish performance standards for newly designed or modified equipment or product.
- Assists engineering with planning and developing experimental test programs.
- Develop and implement standard part designs.
- Assists with development and implementation of prototype designs.
Education and/or Experience
Associates degree in Computer Aided Drafting/Design Technology or equivalent; two to four years of related experience and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience.
First Shift, Monday through Friday from 8:00am – 5:00pm with one hour lunch break. Occasional overtime may be required. ~15-30% travel within US, Canada and Mexico.
To Apply: Please attach your current resume as a separate document with contact information showing relevant experience. Please, no phone calls.