Plans, lays out, fabricates, assembles, and installs equipment and products; provides support to the quality, service and engineering departments and provides guidance, instruction, direction, leadership to a group of other individuals by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Reads and interprets blueprints, sketches, or product specifications to determine sequence and methods of fabricating, modifying, and assembling products.
• Bolts, rivets, screws, clips, caulks, or bonds component parts to assemble products.
• Assembles and wires granulate feed systems, prototype units and first builds. Modifies components as requested by engineering,
• Builds systems and assembles components according to blueprints.
• Travels to customer sites to perform and support system installation and/or troubleshoot and repair system malfunctions.
• Inspects assemblies and installation for conformance to specifications.
• Rigs/moves components too large or too heavy to move with forklift or pallet jack.
• Assembles, packages, ships, sets up and takes down all trade show booths at exhibit site.
• Organization and maintenance of all hand and power tools and other equipment utilized for assembly and fabrication in the shop.
• Performs service calls at customer facilities to troubleshoot/repair system or equipment problems.
• Provides start up assistance for engineered systems or major components/equipment at customer locations as needed.
• Sets up and conducts tests of complete units and components under operating conditions as needed.
• Schedule lab testing of components or materials and sets up customer demonstrations.
• Keep lab equipment in proper operating condition and keep the lab area in a neat and orderly fashion free of potential safety hazards.
• Performs receiving inspection duties as needed.
• Follows all safety rules and regulations, member of Safety Committee.
• Train and answer questions from workers pertaining to procedures, equipment operation and workflow.
• Monitor activities of workers engaged in production assemblies, system installation, customer service visits and test lab set up, execution and documentation.
• Provide guidance, instructions, direction and leadership to the team.
Education and/or Experience
Technical Training (community or trade school) preferred; 3-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. A High School diploma is required.
First Shift, Monday through Friday from 8:00am – 5:00pm with one hour lunch break. Occasional overtime may be required. ~15-30% travel within US, Canada and Mexico.
Please click “Apply Online” button and attach your current resume as a separate document with contact information showing relevant experience. Please, no phone calls.